Lose Weight While Still Enjoying Your Thanksgiving Meal
Who says you have to gain weight in order to enjoy Thanksgiving? Sure, there are some delicious temptations like that Apple Cobbler, but we’ve got some secrets up our sleeves on how to help you shed pounds while chewing on that Turkey!
1. Eat a healthy breakfast before Thanksgiving dinner – This will help you not binge on unhealthy foods.
2. Drink 8 Glasses of Water – This will help fill you up so you can establish if you are actually hungry or just having cravings.
4. Work Out Before or After the Meal – Go on a jog or take a walk around the block. This will help you digest all of that yummy food you will or already have consumed.
5. Eat Slowly – We know you can’t help but eat fast because the turkey and those sides so delicious, but it takes your body about 20 minutes to know it is actually full. If you continually fill your mouth with fattening foods, you will be full before your body really gets the message.
6. If you are attending a potluck make your contribution a healthy one – This will help you stay on track as you are reaching for that second piece of pumpkin pie.
7. Don’t Loiter Around the Buffet – You are more likely to consume food if you are hanging out by the buffet table. Socialize with people who aren’t so close to the table!
8. Skip the Condiments – Skip the gravy and heavy dressings. Instead, use some of your favorite seasonings (cinnamon) to give it that extra satisfaction!
Don’t forget to enjoy your meal and have a Happy Thanksgiving!