Happy Birthday Demi Lovato! 20 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About the 20-Year-Old [VIDEOS]
It’s Demi Lovato‘s lucky day! The “Give Your Heart a Break” singer turned 20-years-old on August 20th. The young singer has a lot to look forward to with a new starring role as a judge and mentor on “The X-Factor” as well as thousands of female fans rooting for her to succeed in everything she does.
As we celebrate the singer’s big day, it’s time to test your knowledge on the former Disney star. In addition, we wanted to walk down memory lane with the singer’s career from her early hits to today. Here’s to a great year for Demi! We can’t wait to see what the star is up to next.
3. Demi sang Aretha Franklin’s “Ain’t No Way” for her “Camp Rock” audition.
4. Decided to be a professional singer after she sang “My Heart Will Go On” in a kindergarten talent show.
5. She was born on the same day as “Enchanted’s” Amy Adams.
6. While they were younger, Demi and Selena Gomez would make Rice Krispy treats almost every day.
7. Demi’s mom, Dianna Lovato, was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader during the 1983-84 season and was once a country recording artist.
8. The first concert Demi ever attended was a show put on by Britney Spears.
9. Demi first met Selena Gomez while attending a casting audition for “Barney & Friends.”
10. The fashionista gets most of her clothes from Forever 21 and most of her shoes from Aldo.
11. Demi’s favorite movie is 2001′s “Donnie Darko” starring Jake Gyllenhaal.
12. Her favorite song from the Jonas Brothers is “Hollywood.”
14. Before her relationships with Joe Jonas and Wilmer Valderrama, Demi was rumored to date Trace Cyrus.
15. As the new “X-Factor” mentor, Demi described herself as “a happy judge.”
16. In a recent interview with “Cosmopolitan,” Demi revealed she wanted to be married with kids in 10 years.
17. When describing her dream guy, Demi said she would ”never be with a guy who is controlling.”
18. Demi’s original name is Demetria Devonne Lovato!
19. The former Disney star has eight tattoos, many of them inspiring messages with deep meaning.
20. She loves pickles, cheese, eggs, homemade Rice Krispy treats, and chocolate.