The Rules of Bromance: 9 Things Bros Should Never Do
Is the dude in your life following the rules of bromance?
— Ryan Seacrest (@RyanSeacrest) October 24, 2012
We’ve compiled a list of strict rules that can never be broken. Let’s just say they are pretty different from the rules of female friendships.
9. Guys can hug it out, but one hand needs to be smacking the other guy’s back. If you really want to look the part, start out with a handshake that turns into a half-hug.
8. It’s never “I love you.” It’s more of an “I love ya” or “I love you man.”
7. If your bud doesn’t respond to a phone call, text message, or e-mail? No worries man, whenever you’re available works.
6. If you go to the movies, you don’t have to sit next to each other. Leave one seat open for some much needed space. The same goes for the bathrooms. Please spread out when using the urinals.
5. Thinking of going grocery shopping with your bud? That’s cool; just don’t put your fruits, cake pops and other food in the same cart. It’s all about two separate baskets.
4. What bro waves at another bro? A simple head nod is all you need to greet another guy. Up-nods are for friends, down-nods are for fellow men.
3. Guys should never ever put sunscreen or suntan lotion on another guy. Never!
2. When texting each other, no weird smiley faces, emoticons or symbols of any kind. Even “lol” is up for debate. And no, “hehe” isn’t any better when you think something is funny.
1. Enjoying a nice banana for breakfast? Right on, but don’t even think about making eye contact with another guy. Awkward.
Have we forgotten anything? Are we all in understanding men? Comment below and let us know your thoughts and if it is okay for a guy to buy another guy a cookie.